Everyone who knows me knows this is true: I’m not much of a dessert person.
In fact, while I love to cook, I HATE to bake.
Cookies, cakes, pies…ugh.
So, when tasked with “oh honey, can you bring a dessert?”, I shake off the panic and turn to my go-to recipes…and I’ve just stumbled on another. It’s no harder than some mixing, some spreading and a wee bit of oven time. If I can do it, you can too!
CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIZZA
- 1 roll of peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 container of room temperature whipped cream cheese (if you can’t find the whipped kind, just buy the usual brick and give it a quick whip with your mixer)
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounce) of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton of whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 handful of chocolate chips, a squeeze of chocolate sauce, or a twizzle of caramel
Spread out the rolled cookie dough, keeping it all in one big piece, and making your desired shape (circular like a pizza is popular – mine tend to take on a sort of squarish, “rustic” shape). Bake the cookie according to package directions, then allow to cool. Meanwhile, combine the pudding mix and milk and set aside, and unwrap your thawed cream cheese.
Once the cookie is cool, spread overall with the cream cheese, then layer on the pudding, then finish with the thawed whipped topping. Top the “pizza” with your favorite topping – chocolate chips, a drizzle of sauce, or even crushed candy bars or caramel sauce.
Chill the entire “pizza” so it sets (an hour should do the trick), then enjoy!